Many of you know that TomTom XL GPS devices come with the pre-installed software version. And also, with a specific map on the internal disk of it’s GPS. We know that you are here to know how to do XL of TomTom update? Well, upgrading TomTom XL or the maps updates offer customers the latest map guarantee. That allows them to download the most current map for their GPS device for free.
So, all the map upgrades are managed in the interface of TomTom Home software. Even, you can install updated or buy maps in the software interface thus, steps for this TomTom XL upgrading is mentioned below;
Basic Steps For TomTom XL Update
1, First download the TomTom HOME software and follow the instructions for installing the software on the computer of yours. Once when it’s installed, select your country when it instructs. Later, accept the license of agreement.
2. In the second step, connect the GPS of TomTom XL to the computer with the help of USB cable. After this home software will open when it detects the connected device if the software isn’t already open.
3. Now, tab to log in option in the interface of Home now, you log in to your TomTom account. Even you can also, press create an account option. Here TomTom Home automatically start searches for updates for TomTom XL GPS device of yours.
4. In this you need to click on update my device option.
5. Now turn on the power of the TomTom XL GPS. If the TomTom instructs you to connect to the computer then, on the GPS screen click yes.
6. Press the link of the device when instructed to link the TomTom GPS to TomTom account.
7. Now for upgrading, you need to click ToTom XL Update and install options with the software and latest map updates. Once the update is complete or done TomTom Home will restart the device.
8. Lastly, tap yes on the TomTom device screen when prompted to connect to the computer. The home may then install more updates, or prompt you to purchase additional maps.
Here your TomTom XL upgrading is done, and your TomTom updates to the latest version. But, still, if you have any queries then, do connect with our technology experts as they were happy to help you.