Before we pursue forward towards today’s topic how to update Magellan GPS, firstly, let’s talk about what is Magellan? So, Magellan used as a firmware application. It helps the users in reaching their destination on time. In this rapidly changing world, a GPS device is only as good as its data. With the help of updated GPS, you can reach to your selected place safely without facing any problem.
Thus, we suggested you install Magellan GPS update software on the gadgets of yours. By this, you can get proper routes and directions of the destinations. The Magellan company also releases regular updates by which your device works smoothly without interrupted by any bug. Even, can get minor Magellan GPS update for free from the official website. But here we have to tell you that most of its map updates and software updates have to be purchased.
The firmware application Magellan which you install on your computer is known as Content Manager to manage updates. At the time you plug a Magellan GPS device into your computer’s USB connection, this application will help in communicating with Magellan’s servers to check for new updates and install them on your device.
What Is The Way For Magellan GPS Update
In case you are not able to update your device so, you can browse our website to get Magellan GPS update without any hassle. Even, you can also follow the steps penned below to troubleshoot this problem and to get the latest version so that you can travel smoothly and comfortably.
Steps To Update Magellan GPS
1. First of all, ensure that your GPS device is fully charge.
2. Now you have to download “content manager” on your computer by browsing through the official website of Magellan.
3. Please ensure that you are not using multiple application on the computer in which you have installed “content manager”.
4. Then open “content manager” and after that log-in into the official account using the correct credentials, and if you do not have n account then you can create one by going on the official website
5. Now you have to connect your GPS device with the computer via USB cable.
6. After you connect the unit, it automatically will be turned on.
7. Right-click on “content manager” which is in your system tray in Windows.
8. And then you are required to click on “Check for updates now”. If the wizard shows that there is an available update click on “download” after the notification pop-up on your screen.
9. Click on “get now”, and the updates will download, and when the procedure completes, the device will turn on automatically.
10, To get the updates that paid, go to the website of the navigation gadget and in the “main page” select “maps” tab and then you have to select the model of your device, select the map update in Magellan GPS updates which you need and then proceed for payment.
11. Now open the “content manager” and connect your device to a computer and after that, you have to right-click on “content manager” and select “Sync Purchase Features / Content” and wait for the update to complete.
So, this the guidance which helps you in update Magellan GPS of yours. Kindly don’t forget to share our post, and furthermore, details on Magellan GPS update do visit our website.